Care for Sick and Injured Pets
At Middletown Veterinary, Hospital we focus on keeping your pet happy and healthy. Unfortunately, some pets occasionally experience illnesses or injuries that require a veterinarian’s care and attention.
We offer high quality diagnostic and medical treatments for sick and injured cats and dogs. We provide a safe and comfortable atmosphere to diagnose and treat your pet.
A successful recuperation is our goal and our experienced and caring team of veterinarians is supported by our:
- on-site laboratory
- x-ray capabilities
We also offer diagnostic telemedicine services with specialists throughout the country.
We perform laboratory tests, such as:
- Blood tests
- Fecal exams
- Skin scrapes
Please call us to set up a sick visit, if your dog or cat is exhibiting any of the following common signs of illness:
- Repeated vomiting, coughing, or sneezing
- Frequent diarrhea or occasional diarrhea with mucus, blood, or straining lasting more than 48 hours
- Unexplained lethargy
- Refusal to eat for more than three consecutive days
- Fever with a rectal temperature of 103 degrees or higher when your pet is resting
- Straining or inability to urinate or defecate
- Excessive whining or crying without obvious reason
- An unusual or persistent skin rash
- A lump that appears to be enlarged or does not disappear within a week or two
- Any other ongoing problem or concern you may have
Our team and facility are here to diagnose and treat your sick pet. We are also equipped to help your pet recover if it has sustained an injury such as a bite wound, lameness or trauma from an accident (including if your pet is hit by a car).
We see emergencies during our normal hospital hours as well as after hours (on call). If your pet has an after-hours emergency that we determine requires overnight nursing care or a level of specialty we cannot provide here, we will co-ordinate your pet’s referral to the appropriate critical care or specialty hospital.