Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Middletown Veterinary Hospital, your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- Safe Anesthesia—a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our NYS licensed technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet’s pulse rate, respiration and oxygen levels.
- IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication—is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet’s comfort.
Veterinary Surgical Services
Middletown Veterinary Hospital provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and NYS licensed technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring and lots of care and attention throughout the day.
We offer the following surgical procedures:
- Castration (Neuter)
- Ovariohysterectomy (Spay)
- Mass / Tumor Removal
- Orthopedic surgery by visiting board certified orthopedic surgeon (Learn more about our visiting board-certified surgeon and the advanced surgical procedures he offers.)
- Other surgical procedures as recommended by your veterinarian